Every year the NFL off season and pre season bring many teams hope. Usually that hope is usually smashed for all but one team at the end of the season. Too many people make guarantees and players eventually buy into those guarantees and start making guarantees themselves. I hear player after player and organization after organization make promises to their teams and fans that they should know have no possibilities of delivering on.
Well today I am going to go ahead and crush the dreams of most of the teams and players in the league. I am about 90% confident in what I am about to say. If you disagree please let it be known. I have big shoulders, I can take it.
- The New York Jets will not win the Super Bowl, in fact they will be a wild card team lucky to advance to the second round of the playoffs.
- The Dallas Cowboys will not be the first team to host a Super Bowl and play in it too. They aren’t as good as they are being advertised.
- Chris Johnson will not get 2500 yards from scrimmage. In fact he will probably spend at least 3 games out due to injuries suffered from trying to achieve such a feat.
- Brett Favre will not lead the Minnesota Vikings to the Super Bowl this year. He is over-hyped and last season was a fluke.
- Lovie Smith will be fired as Chicago Bears head coach before January 10, 2011. Call me crazy but the writing is on the wall.