Every year the NFL off season and pre season bring many teams hope. Usually that hope is usually smashed for all but one team at the end of the season. Too many people make guarantees and players eventually buy into those guarantees and start making guarantees themselves. I hear player after player and organization after organization make promises to their teams and fans that they should know have no possibilities of delivering on.
Well today I am going to go ahead and crush the dreams of most of the teams and players in the league. I am about 90% confident in what I am about to say. If you disagree please let it be known. I have big shoulders, I can take it.
- The New York Jets will not win the Super Bowl, in fact they will be a wild card team lucky to advance to the second round of the playoffs.
- The Dallas Cowboys will not be the first team to host a Super Bowl and play in it too. They aren’t as good as they are being advertised.
- Chris Johnson will not get 2500 yards from scrimmage. In fact he will probably have the worst season he has had as a pro.
- Brett Favre will not lead the Minnesota Vikings to the Super Bowl this year. He is over-hyped and last season was a fluke.
- Marvin Lewis will be fired as Cincinnati Bengals head coach before January 10, 2011. Call me crazy but the writing is on the wall.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers will make the playoffs even though they will start the season without Big Ben. Let’s just say the offensive line gets offensive and Mendenhall piles up yardage early.
- The Kansas City Chiefs will win the AFC West. It’s a stretch but I feel pretty good about what they are doing in KC.
- Michael Vick will be the starting quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles before the end of the season and possibly the league MVP, I know its a stretch but I believe it.
- The Green Bay Packers will have more wins than any team in the NFL this season.
- Albert Haynesworth will not be traded to another team before the trade deadline this season.
- Reggie Bush will stay in bounds a few too many times this season and will be injured for the rest of the season around week 9.
- Arian Foster will be the leading rusher in the NFL and not Chris Johnson.
- Terrell Owens will get 1000 yards receiving this season.
- The San Francisco 49ers will win the NFC West.
- The Oakland Raiders will win more games this season than the Washington Redskins.
- Santana Moss will lead the NFC in receptions this season.
- The New Orleans Saints will not make it to the Super Bowl again this year.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars will not pull the worst to first act that all the other teams have pulled in the AFC South. They will not however repeat as the worst team.
- Peyton Manning will be human this year and will be surpassed as the leagues premier passer.
- Tom Cable will not choke any members of his staff this year and the Raiders will look like contenders.
There you have it. The list is complete. I could go on but I don’t want to ruin it all for you this year.